• Welcome to Georgia Roleplay!
  • Applications are currently open!
  • Join us on Teamspeak: ts.georgiaroleplay.com
  • Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/TjSKSRb
Sign in to follow this  
J. Evans

Retirement of J. Evans - All Good Things

Greetings GRP,

In February of 2016 I discovered the FiveM platform for the first time. After spending several weeks in Department of Justice roleplay. It became quite evident how toxic DOJRP had become. The high levels of corruption, favoritism, and disrespect towards every member was astounding. I submitted my resignation from the group and immediately began searching for another community. After several weeks I located a YouTube channel for "Greenshire County Roleplay". This community was a fictional county based on Florida laws and statues. After performing additional research on Greenshire County, it met the exact criteria I had been searching. Anxiously, I submitted an application for "Deputy" and quickly received a reply for an informal interview within the TeamSpeak. 

The interviewers (Community Owner Aaron Sike & Community Owner J. Chancy) asked me similar interview questions to what we currently ask here in Georgia Roleplay. I was accepted on the spot for the rank/role of "Deputy" and was told to report to training the following day. Community Owner A. Sike conducted my training and stated the following "Mr. Evans, what you put into this group is EXACTLY what you'll get out of it." Little did I know how different Georgia Roleplay would be compared to other communities that I have lead. For example, server administration, server development (LUA language), server maintenance, financial cost for assets etc. Additionally, I had no idea at the time how much of a profound impact this community would have on my life.

Therefore, I took former Community Owner Aaron Sikes advice to heart. Although we no longer speak due to a falling out we had regarding the successful direction of Georgia Roleplay. Nonetheless, I fully believe that I've lived up to my promise to keep Georgia Roleplay going strong while continuing to deliver a fun, exciting, and entertaining atmosphere regardless of playstyle. Since my acceptance of community owner I've dedicated 5000+ hours to this community in development. Not including the time to learn and familiarizing myself with the LUA computer language, moving and managing GRPs financial assets (donations, server host, FiveM's pateron etc.), quick response to bug reports, member requests for additional features, and much more. Compared to other existing FiveM communities, I truly believe that Georgia Roleplay remains the most realistic and unique server on the FiveM platform. 

Unfortunately, it is with great sadness that I am announcing my retirement from Georgia Roleplay effective at the end of the month. At that time I'll be reduced in rank to "Community Friend" as my final request. The reasoning for my departure from the community is as follows. Since my return from the middle east in November my health has declined greatly. I've had severe constant pain within the inner core of my body which has caused difficulty in performing even basic/simple task. Recently, I had surgery last month, I had high hopes that doctors could locate the issue and prescribe treatment. Sadly, the doctors have no medical explanation on my condition as well as treatments to prescribe. This is the main reason for my long absences as of late. Additionally, with the Coronavirus effecting product distribution in China my job has gotten a lot more difficult. With no shipments of additional inventory and product supply low while consumer demand remains high. I've had to find other means to sell my products. This has resulted in high levels of significant stress as well as overtime.

Community Owner Miller and Community Owner Fitz will continue to remain as owners of Georgia Roleplay. These two gentlemen have my complete confidence and are very dedicated and determined individuals who wish to continue to see Georgia Roleplay thrive. A lot of ideas and suggestions were presented at our last meeting such as opening up Georgia Roleplay to other games. Matter of fact RedM has been highly suggested and is currently being investigated. Expect to see additional information released soon from the community owners regarding this.

Please understand as of right now, this is NOT the end of Georgia Roleplay. It is my sincere hope that every member will continue to remain within Georgia Roleplay and continue to call our community "home". 

Lastly, I would like to very much thank everyone for an amazing four years. The memorable friendships I've developed and experiences that I've had with this wonderful group I will cherish for a lifetime. The staff team and department leaders I've worked alongside have been phenomenal and have been open to new ideas and growth. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be your community owner and deliver what I hope has been the most fun and memorable GTA V/FiveM experience.

Fair Winds & Following Seas

Sincerely,

Jordan Evans

Community Owner Georgia Roleplay

This actually brought tears to my eyes Thank you so much Mr. Evans for all of your hard work and dedication to this group and for creating the place I started my GTA V RP life with. This place and you will always have a great part in my gaming life! I know this is not good by friend but still hurts to see you retire!

Chief Nathan Gordon

Community Administration/HR 

Atlanta Fire and Rescue Department

Administration Division

badge.png

name plate.png

Sign in to follow this